Thomas Karlas: Indications and LimitationsAugust 22, 2017
Christoph F Dietrich: Introduction and opening remarksAugust 22, 2017
Giovanna Ferraioli - Presenter
Presentation: Physical background
Location: Giovanna Ferraioli, MD is a researcher at Fondazione IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, Medical School University of Pavia, (Italy)
- Her research interests include elastography in diffuse liver diseases, noninvasive assessment of liver steatosis, ultrasound contrast agents, and Doppler in portal hypertension.
- Dr. Ferraioli received her medical degree from Naples University, Italy.
- In 1988-89 she completed a research fellowship at the Yale University, USA, with Prof. Kenneth JW Taylor and Prof. Roberto J Groszmann.
- She is the coordinator of the Ultrasound School at Fondazione IRCCS San Matteo Hospital Foundation, Medical School of the University of Pavia (Italy), and co-director of the EFSUMB Ultrasound Learning Center at the same Institution.
- Dr. Ferraioli has delivered several invited lectures in her area of expertise to international audiences.
- She is member of the scientific editorial board of European Radiology, International Journal of Radiology, World Journal of Hepatology and she's a referee for more than 40 international journals.
- She has been appointed General Secretary of MASU (Mediterranean and African Society of Ultrasound) for the triennium 2011-2013 and 2013-2015.
- Dr. Ferraioli has been a member of the Education Committee of the World Federation for Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology (WFUMB) for the triennium 2013-2015, a member of the WFUMB expert panel for the guidelines on elastography released by WFUMB and a member of the expert panel for the use of elastography in the assessment of diffuse liver disease convened by the Society of Radiologists in Ultrasound (SRU).
- She's a member of the EFSUMB expert team for the guidelines on liver elastography and a member of the QIBA initiative in shear wave speed in diffuse liver diseases.
- Dr. Ferraioli has published several scientific articles in international peer-reviewed journals, including Hepatology, Gastroenterology, Gut, Journal of Hepatology, Digestive and Liver Disease, Radiology, European Radiology, American Journal of Roentgenology, Ultrasound in Medicine & Biology.