EUROSON 2018 in POZNAN
(The 30th Euroson Congress of the EFSUMB)
Dear Members of EFUMB, Friends and Colleagues,
We have a great pleasure to invite you to the 30th Euroson Congress of the EFSUMB, which will take place in Poznan 6-9 September 2018. The Congress will be held in the Congress Centre of the Poznan International Fair simultaneously with the XIV Congress of Polish Scientific Society of Ultrasonography.
The substantive part of the Congress EUROSO 2018 will include the presentation of all the applications of ultrasound in modern diagnostic imaging - on the lectures, plenary sessions and ultrasound training workshops. During the ultrasound apparatus and equipment exhibition, new technologies and programs in sonogrpahy will be presented, a rich social part of EUROSON Congress 2018 will enable recreation, socialising and experiencing Polish hospitality.
Please make a note of the dates below and visit the website frequently. Don't forget to register as soon possible to get promotional prices!
Very early bird registration
Early bird registration
Second announcement - preliminary program
Third announcement - final program
Guideline Publications Coming in 2018 ...
- CEUS non-liver Guidelines update 2017 to be published early 2018 in Ultraschall in der Medizin/EJU
- EFSUMB Recommendations and Clinical Guidelines for Intestinal Ultrasound (GIUS Part 2) in Inflammatory Bowel Diseases has been accepted for publication in the EJU
- GIUS Part 3 Endorectal Ultrasound (ERUS), Endoanal Ultrasound (EAUS) and Perineal Ultrasound (PNUS) will be published in early 2018 in Ultrasound International Open (UIO)
- Elastography non-liver Update 2018 is under preparation for publication in 2018
EFSUMB Webinar: Intracavity CEUS
FRIDAY 19th January 2018, 17.00 CET and covers the topic of INTRACAVITY CEUS. The webinar will be chaired by Maija Radzina and has the following speakers:
- Dean Huang - Presenting: Interventional CEUS
- Maria Sellars - Presenting: Paediatric Lung
- Susan Back - Presenting: CEUS VUR
The registration link for this webinar is now available from the EFSUMB web site >>
EFSUMB Webinar from December: Presentations now available
Presentation videos and accompanying discussion from the last Webinar: Update on CEUS Non Liver Guidelines held on Friday 8th December 2017, are now available form the EFSUMB web site - Click here to view
Future Endorsed Courses
25 January 2018
Focused Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Course
25 - 26 January 2018
Musculoskeletal tissue, Vessels and Nerves
Barcelona. Programme: Click Here
19 March 2018
2018 First steps in Neonatal Brain Ultrasound: an amazing, adventurous journey!
Florence. Programme: Click Here
20 - 23 March 2018
2018 Neonatal Ultrasound Course. Why, how and when an ultrasound image?
Florence. Programme: Click Here
13 April 2018
Introductory Course in Medical Ultrasound
Bromma, Sweden. Programme: Click Here
ECR Session 2018
Title: Elastography of Superficial Structures: Where are we now?
- To appreciate the widespread use of elastography of superficial structures
- To understand the strengths and weaknesses of current applications
- To be able to appreciate the potential in many fields
- To be able to incorporate elastography into your own clinical practice
Moderators: Paul Sidhu & Michel Claudon
All lectures 20’ with 10 min discussion time
- Thyroid US elastography: indications and limitations Vito Cantisani
-To learn about updated status on thyroid nodule evaluation by using TIRADS and US-elastography
-To provide tips and tricks, Guidelines established indications and limitation of thyroid US-elastography
- Elastography of the breast: When should we assess tumour stiffness? Jonathan Carlsen
- To learn how to perform elastography of the breast with different US techniques.
- To learn when breast elastography is a useful adjunct to the standard breast ultrasound examination
- To understand the potentials and limitations of breast elastography
- Is there any value in tendon and nerve assessment? Andrea Klauser
- To learn about the value of sonoelastography in musculoskeletal disorders
- To understand the impact of sonoelastography in tendon and nerves
- To appreciate the meaning of sonoelastographic findings in tendon and nerve disorders
- To become familiar with sonoelastographic techniques used in tendons and nerves
- Scrotal elastography: Hype or Real? Michele Bertolotto
- To learn about how to perform elastography of the testis with the different US equipment
- To become familiar with the appearance of normal testis at strain and at shear wave elastography
- To understand the potential and limitation of elastographic modes in imaging scrotal pathologies
Categories: Genitourinary/Breast/Musculoskeletal/Head & Neck
Visit the ECR Session page - click here
WFUMB Echoes Newsletter - Latest Issue
The WFUMB Echoes Latest Issue is now available from the WFSUMB web site at www.wfumb.org/echoes