Whether you are based in Europe or not, EFSUMB is now inviting members from across the world!
Join a network of 31 countries and hundreds of individual members to support the continuous education for competence to practice ultrasound safely. View the benefits of EFSUMB membership here >>
If you are already a member of a National Society, then you are automatically a member of EFSUMB - check the member countries here >>
If you are not a member of one of the European member countries listed but still wish to become an EFSUMB member you can join us by applying to become an individual member.
Benefits are great and we will shortly be adding more 'members only content' available via Sign In for all members.
Click on the button below to view all the details on membership, view pricing for individuals and apply.
New committees following elections in Granada, Spain
During the Congress in Granada new committees were formed and our new President, Prof Dr Adrian Săftoiu took over. To view the newly formed committees use the links below:
EFSUMB AWARDS AT EUROSON 2019
EFSUMB Young Investigator Award 2019
The winner at EUROSON 2019 of the Young Investigator 3000 euro prize was Rogier R Wildeboer, The Netherlands for the abstract entitled:
3D Multiparametric Ultrasound for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
Rogier R Wildeboer, Ruud JG van Sloun, Hessel Wijkstra, and Massimo Mischi
Department of Electrical Engineering, Eindhoven University of Technology, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
EFSUMB Best Published Paper 500 euro Prize
The EFSUMB Best Published Paper 500 euro Prize was awarded to Eleanore Terzi, Italy for the paper Contrast ultrasound LI-RADS LR-5 identifies hepatocellular carcinoma in cirrhosis in a multicenter retrospective study of 1,006 nodules published http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jhep.2017.11.007
Congratulations to Prof Hadi Ozer, Turkey who was elected EFSUMB newest Honorary Member
In the field of ultrasound, Prof. Ozer, Professor of Radiology, is the pioneer in Turkey and one of the pioneers in the United States, as well. Born 1927 he enjoys good health and is still active in the world of ultrasound. In 2018 he gave a lecture in Poznan about the history of ultrasound in USA and Turkey.
Congratulations also to Nico de Jong
Nico de Jong, The Netherlands, was elected as an EFSUMB Fellow for his career spent on the clinical development and translation of contrast agents for ultrasound.
EFSUMB Course Book 2nd Edition has now being released in individual chapters for publication on our website and App.
Each chapter is available to download for a nominal fee and available to preview prior to purchase.
The team headed by Prof. Christoph Dietrich have been working hard throughout July to produce many new chapters to the EFSUMB Course Book taking the total to 24 available to now view and purchase, including 2 free. The latest chapters are:
- Ultrasound of the female internal genitalia
- Technical Quality Evaluation of diagnostic ultrasound systems - a comprehensive overview of regulations and developments
- Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection and tuberculosis (TB)
- Ultrasound of the adrenal glands
- Ultrasound evaluation of cerebrovascular steno-occlusive disease
- Ultrasound of the gallbladder and hepatobiliary system
- Ultrasound of the Thyroid
- Ultrasound of the Chest
- Ultrasound of liver transplantation
- Ultrasound of the gastrointestinal tract
- Echoscopy – a new concept in mobile ultrasound
- Dermatologic Ultrasound
- Functional ultrasound of the gastrointestinal tract
- Ultrasound after kidney transplantations
- Ultrasound of the pancreas
- MSK: Bone Fracture Ultrasound
- Ultrasound of the salivary glands and soft tissue lesions of the neck
Future EFSUMB CEUS Webinars
Webinar 2 (liver/breast/thyroid)
Assessment of the spatial and temporal contrast wash-in and wash-out pattern with dynamic CEUS and the clinical impact to characterise focal lesions in different organs (liver, breast, thyroid)
Webinar 3 (abdominal intracavitary, VUR, HyCoSy)
Technique of the intracavitary administration of ultrasound contrast and clinical value of the imaging of cavitary structures (abdominal cavities, urinary tract, fallopian tubes) with CEUS
- Christoph F Dietrich – Chair
- Huong Chang Luo - VUR
- Li Zhang - HyCoSy
- Rhonqin Zheng - Abdominal US
Webinar 4 (vascular CEUS)
Assessment of the vascular system with dynamic CEUS (aortic aneurysm, carotid plaques, vascular rupture) and advantages versus static angiographic modalities in radiology
- Henrik Stillensen - Chair
- Dirk Clevert - Follow–up of patients with aortic aneurysm after endovascular repair (EVAR)
- Daniel Staub – Assortment of carotid plaques
- Paul Sidhu – Assessment of abdominal bleeding in trauma patients
Guidelines and Good Clinical Practice Recommendations for Contrast Enhanced Ultrasound (CEUS) in the Liver - Update 2012
The 2012 published GUIDELINES AND GOOD CLINICAL PRACTICE RECOMMENDATIONS FOR CONTRAST ENHANCED ULTRASOUND (CEUS) IN THE LIVER— UPDATE 2012. A WFUMB-EFSUMB INITIATIVE IN COOPERATION WITH REPRESENTATIVES OF AFSUMB, AIUM, ASUM, FLAUS and ICUS require updating as previously the differences of the contrast agents were not precisely described and the differences in the arterial phase and handling were not clearly indicated. In addition, more evidence has been published for all contrast agents. The publication of the WFUMB CEUS Liver update is planned for early 2020 in both journals as done with the previously published guidelines. Therefore, publication will be simultaneously in the European Journal of Ultrasound, EJU (Ultraschall in der Medizin) (1) and in Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology (UMB) (2) after mandatory review. WFUMB has drawn a team of international experts who have been invited to update the individual parts. The successful meeting has been held in early June in Granada, Spain. The co-leaders of the project are Christoph F Dietrich (Chair of WFUMB Publications Committee) and Christian Nolsøe (WFUMB President).
- Claudon M, Dietrich CF, Choi BI, Cosgrove DO, Kudo M, Nolsoe CP, Piscaglia F, et al. Guidelines and good clinical practice recommendations for contrast enhanced ultrasound (CEUS) in the liver--update 2012: a WFUMB-EFSUMB initiative in cooperation with representatives of AFSUMB, AIUM, ASUM, FLAUS and ICUS. Ultraschall Med 2013;34:11-29.
- Claudon M, Dietrich CF, Choi BI, Cosgrove DO, Kudo M, Nolsoe CP, Piscaglia F, et al. Guidelines and good clinical practice recommendations for Contrast Enhanced Ultrasound (CEUS) in the liver - update 2012: A WFUMB-EFSUMB initiative in cooperation with representatives of AFSUMB, AIUM, ASUM, FLAUS and ICUS. Ultrasound Med Biol 2013;39:187-210.
US Image Challenge
Our new Student Image Challenge section continues to be popular with an average on 12,000 hits in the first week each new entry is published! A new Challenge is released every Tuesday morning for you to try out. View the image challenge questions here >
The Summer edition of the WFUMB Echoes has been released and is special as it is not only the last issue Presided over by Christian Nolsoe, but is also a focus on Outreach. Take a look at the latest edition here >
Future Endorsed Courses
View the full list here
25 – 26 September 2019
Dubai, UAE. Programme: Click Here
19 – 21 March 2020
MUSCULOSKELETAL SONOGRAPHY COURSE IN RHEUMATOLOGY (refresher course)
Bolzano, Italy. Programme: Click Here
THE WORLD CONGRESS FOR ULTRASOUND
6-9 September 2019, Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre, Australia.
In little over a month, ultrasound professionals from across the globe will gather at The World Congress for Ultrasound. View the latest newsletter on this exciting event here >>
If you haven’t already registered, don’t miss out!