May 15, 2019
Wessex Diagnostic and the Melbury Clinic present a new practical Endovenous Surgery course.
This course is aimed at consultants and higher trainees in vascular surgery as well as other members of the team such as theatre nurses, vascular technologists and ultrasonographers.
It is particularly suited to group attendees who can learn together as a team and identify their individual learning needs. Not only does the course provide demonstrations in our treatment rooms but we provide training and certification in laser safety and an opportunity to gain hands on experience of ultrasound guidance on simulators.
Topics covered include:
1) How to set up your treatment room
2) Ultrasound image optimisation – knobolgy
3) Preliminary vein mapping
4) Vein access under ultrasound guidance
5) The Seldinger technique
6) Endovenous catheter and laser positioning
7) Administration of tumescent local anaesthetic
8) Adjunctive procedures such as phlebectomy and foam sclerotherapy
9) Demonstrations of Microsclerotherapy for Leg Telangiectasias
10) Working as a team
11) NICE Clinical Guideline CG168