May 11, 2019
ENDORSED COURSE: The Simulation-enhanced POCUS Course
The Simulation-enhanced POCUS Course will cover the following:
- Abdominal assessmentincluding Gallbladder and DHC assessment, and evaluation of the Kidneys, Liver and Spleen.
- Using POCUS for the diagnosis ofcholecystitis, gallstone, kidney stone, hydronephrosis and more.
- Trauma managementincluding the eFAST algorithm and Lung evaluation.
- Using POCUS for the diagnosis of free fluidin the abdominal and thoracic cavities: Morrison’s pouch, splenorenal space, retrovesicular space, perisplenic space, pericardial effusion, pleural effusion, and pneumothorax.
- Echocardiography at Point of Care setting including standard views acquisition, measurements, Doppler modes and more.
- Using POCUS for the diagnosis of Heart Failure, Valve abnormalities, PE, Hemodynamics, Aortic dissection, pericardial effusion and more.
Taking Place in Linz, Austria.
Carotid Ultrasound Course
The Royal Society of Medicine, London
6 CPD points RCR accreditation
This is a one day training course on the application of B-scan and duplex, pulsed wave, colour and power Doppler techniques in the investigation of the extracranial and intracranial vasculature. The emphasis will be on 'hands on' workshops, which will enable delegates to use the latest ultrasound imaging equipment to practice the investigation protocols.
The programme will include the following topics:
- basic principles of imaging;
- haemodynamics and Doppler techniques;
- investigating protocols and diagnostic criteria for carotid and vertebral arteries
- atherosclerotic plaque composition and dynamics
- investigation of the intracranial arteries using duplex and transcranial Doppler (TCD)
- post endarterectomy imaging;
- B-scan and Doppler artefacts and errors.