Giovanna Ferraioli: Physical backgroundAugust 22, 2017
Thomas Karlas: Indications and LimitationsAugust 22, 2017
Ioan Sporea - Presenter
Presentation: Shear wave and strain - How to perform
Location: Professor of Gastroenterology, PhD, Head of the Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology of the "Victor Babe?" University of Medicine and Pharmacy Timisoara.
- He is senior attendant of Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine, working in the Gastroenterology and Hepatology Department of the "Victor Babe?" University of Medicine and Pharmacy Timisoara.
- He is an expert in general ultrasonography according to the multilevel classification of SRUMB.
- Since 2017 he is a member of the Romanian Academy of Medical Sciences.
- He is Past President of the Romanian Society of Gastroenterology and Hepatology (2012-2014) and also Past President of the Romanian Society of Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology (SRUMB).
- During 1999-2002 he was a member of the Executive board of EFSUMB (European Federation of Societies for Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology), during 1999 - 2005 member in the Educational Committee of EFSUMB, and between 2007-2011 he was Honorary Treasurer of this society.
- He is the President of the WFUMB (World Federation of Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology) Center of Excellence Timisoara.
- He coordinated several courses and scientific sessions in Romania and abroad, mainly regarding gastroenterology and ultrasound.
- He is a member of several editorial boards (i.e.: Ultraschall in der Medizin, Medical Ultrasonography, Journal of Gastrointestinal and Liver Diseases, World Journal of Gastroenterology).
- He is author and co-author of 270 original papers published in medical journals (136 of them in ISI journals - 52 as first author; 40 of them PubMed - 20 as first author), first author of 12 medical books, co-author of 16 medical books, first author of 16 educational medical CDs and DVDs (Ultrasound and Endoscopy).
- He coordinated or participated to numerous research projects.