EFSUMB is the European Federation of Societies for Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology.
Advantages of EFSUMB include:
- A Europe wide Ultrasound Federation which encourages networking between ultrasound professionals of all disciplines throughout Europe, allowing them to benefit from the wealth of experience and knowledge from other countries and other health-care systems.
- The EUROSON meetings, held every second year, provide a unique opportunity to meet with practitioners from other European countries, to hear talks given by many international experts, to present exciting new data to colleagues from across Europe, and to become involved in ultrasound science, education, research, teaching and politics at a supranational level.
- The ability to influence Ultrasound issues on a world-wide basis through our membership of the World Federation for Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology.
- Euroson schools which provide high level ultrasound education in diverse parts of Europe.
- ECMUS - the European Committee for Medical Ultrasound Safety, which takes a lead in keeping the membership up-to-date with all aspects of medical ultrasound safety, and provides expert considered views through the publication of statements on ultrasound safety.
- The Education and Professional Development Committee which considers all aspects of medical ultrasound education and professional development throughout Europe, and publishes recommendations on a variety of matters such as minimum standards of training.
- The Publication Committee which ensures that the membership is kept up-to-date with the affairs of EFSUMB.
Advantages to individual members include:
- Participation in a large Pan-European ultrasound community.
- Eligibility to attend meetings of the EFSUMB General Assembly and comment on EFSUMB affairs.
- Eligibility to serve on all EFSUMB committees as a co-opted member.
- Full access to the EFSUMB website
- Opportunity influence European and World-wide ultrasound issues through membership of EFSUMB.
- Reduced fees for Euroson meetings for some delegates.
- Reduced fees at many EFSUMB sponsored meetings.
- Greatly reduced subscriptions to Ultraschall in der Medizine / European Journal of Ultrasound.
- Six Newsletters per year.
- Automatic membership of the World Federation for Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology.
- Reduced subscriptions to Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology.
- Personalised membership certificates.